weekend plans fulfilled: shopping at the shoe expo in cubao during wawi's exhibit opening, more shopping at glorietta last sunday, plus dinner and coffee with the poochers, and an amazing day with karl yesterday. now i'm suddenly planless at work! I dunno if i love it or if i don't.
FROM MAY:
1. Total number of books I own: not a whole lot. 50's probably the highest they're at now.
2. The last book(s) I bought: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. It has a good section on publishing, and I guess I just wanted to know more about that. I haven't even read it, and the author hardly matters.
3. The last book I read: I'm in the middle of Peter Straub's 7 Tales and PlaneScapes Liber Benevolentiae. Egads, who knew Dungeons & Dragons was so hard, and I haven't even tried playing.
4. Five books that mean a lot to me: Clive Barker's Weaveworld - introduction to some of the best fantasy around; F. Sionil Jose's Ermita - literature in my language: straight Pinoy English, and a good history lesson; Neil Gaiman's The Sandman Series (or what I've read of it) - great mythology is one of my weaknesses; Karl's Damaged People - it's good if you remember bits & pieces but forget that it was actually written by the person you love the most; and Pramoedya Ananta Toer's the Buru quartet - there's really something about colonial literature, especially when you study in SHS and UP...
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment