Lately I've been waiting too much.
Yesterday, my parents made me and my sister a deal: that they would pick us up at the MRT station at the same time because the rain was pouring. My sister, who finishes work an hour later than me, couldn't even leave the office on time because of the weather.
My parents offered to keep me company except that it took them an hour to arrive. When they did, only my mum actually sat with me inside the restaurant and my dad sulked in the car. She didn't even make conversation because she had brought papers to sign.
So finally, my sister makes it, two hours after I got there. The fast food's ultra-pop playlist with a Spice Girls special segment already rotated before we were able to leave.
Today, I woke up at 5:30 AM in order to board the 7:00 AM train to work. The train was defective, and we didn't even travel one full station. After 45 minutes of waiting, the doors were opened and people started jumping the tracks to walk to Cubao. Right after I jumped, a technician said the train would be moving soon. Drats.
It's a pretty scary thing to be walking on the tracks. It's like walking the plank, I guess. You see the highway below you, and the concrete blocks that make up the "sidewalk" aren't cemented. You hear the train passing by.
By 8:00 AM, I'm in another train headed toward the CBD. There is hope yet. Except after quickly taking a ride and rushing the short necessary walk, I'm still five minutes late.
It's not fair.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment