I'm starting to get confused by all the online accounts I've made for myself. While many people try to consolidate data about themselves into one location, I'm trying to compartmentalize information so that people don't have to be bombarded by everything Tanya, but can selectively see who they want to. (Or for me to hide from others heeheehee!)
Ok, so personal e-mails go to Yahoo!, business e-mails go to Gmail. Thoughts are on Blogger and should be strictly verbal. Personal photos are on Ringo. Multiply is strictly for documenting my design studies. MySpace has gone to the dogs (unless I suddenly want to sign up as a Suicide Girl... just kidding Karl!) and Friendster... for posting ads and soliciting support, I guess. And then there's Tagged!, Eskwela.com, Reunion.com, NamesDatabase... Oh, and don't forget Shelfari. My reading list is there.
The sheer number of online accounts is also why I've distributed my content over the different media. It's just too tedious to upload everything everywhere, so hey, I'll just do it once, okay?
What's even more confusing is where to look for updates on my friends. It all boils down on which company sends an alert to my inbox, so hooray for multiply addicts.
I think more and more, people are just creating various accounts so that they can spy on people who are voracious users of such media. I know I do. There's something about the network that necessitates a person's presence even if he or she is not a participant. (Yeah, this is why Billy Corgan has MySpace even if he can put all updates on smashingpumpkins.com -- you get the picture!) But hello, people, let's make it a bit worth it here. If you were instrumental to signing me up on say, Hi5, please, please, please, give me a reason to log back in!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment