Tuesday, July 17, 2007

expired thoughts and googling yourself

so karl asks me why this thing rarely has new entries any more. and the answer is because i'm able to express my thoughts to someone (usually him) before I ever get to this venue. by then I guess they're just expired.

so today I got a fresh idea that I haven't told anyone because I was running off to commute home as I got it, and I've still got about two to three hours before karl calls. (as an aside, this reminds me of kevyn aucoin teasing jennifer lopez that she hasn't had a clever idea in months. file under: waiting for tonight video)

and that thought would be: don't blog about people who you'd hate to give the satisfaction of knowing you wrote about them.

this was prompted by my google escapade on "tabloid lite," karl's band (and this post will inevitably find its way to the very list i was looking for). I found several people who publicized their gigs, all of which karl and I have viewed together. But there was one we hadn't visited and i was surprised after the jump. There was a guy we met during the said event, and was all alone. He fervently chatted us up until his friends arrived. He blogged about his experience.

I thought this guy was suspicious, but in only in a benign way. Now I've validated this impression, as he labeled me a poet-Band-Aid (excuse me, my words were "plus one." Reev knows the proper context of calling me a Band-Aid) and described me as tall (yep, all 5'2" of me), shapely (I was wearing a waistless dress) and with a pout that wouldn't quit (maybe he saw me when Kris Lacaba put all his weight into his size 11 foot and landed on my size 6 peds.).

Ok, so not that I'm saying that he actually cares that I read his public journal, but it sure reminds me to sanitize my wares before airing them.

No comments: