Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I am not a Blogger

I hope the powers that be don't pull the web-hosting rug from under my feet.

My teammates and I went to a Blogger event last night - free dinner for 100 bloggers at Taste of Asia. Now I really wanted to experience eating at that restaurant, which is why I tagged along. I understand that SM agreed to feed about 200 people in order to generate a couple hundred posts on different sites about their business venture. So here's my token post, just to say that the law of marketing and public relations actually works.

Unfortunately, I didn't get an authentic experience of the multicultural dampa that it is. We had a buffet, and that's about it. I was fed well though. Oniony shawarma, sodium-laden fried wantons, a mini cuapao, sisig, fish and chips, menthol-laced sprite, fruit shakes and bottled water. The service was very good, but the food was hardly memorable.

Anyway, I must say though I most likely will never go to a blogger event again. I don't view this site as a public medium (yes, so get out of here if you don't know me personally) and it's pretty awkward to discuss it or theories about catering to an audience as if it were one of my old broadcasting classes. It's also quite amusing to see most of the attendees with lenses stuck onto their faces, documenting the event. I just find it more enjoyable if people had proper designations in the whole party politics bit.

What I DID enjoy about the evening though was this clique booth thingamajig, which is basically a glorified foto-me. And gabbing all night about flings. And meeting very normal and well-adjusted gay couples.

No comments: