The shopping gods have it in for me.
Last week I bought a pair of purple denim jeans at P1649. My sister was saying they were not as cheap as she would like them to be, so she didn't get one in her size. Today she is frantically hopping from mall to mall to get not just a purple pair, but also a red one. At only P989 each. FUCK.
This also happened to me last season. My sister bought petite wide-leg trousers at 50 percent off, buy one, take one. A week or so after, first day of the month, I was trying to get the same pair. They were still half-price, but no buy one, take one promo. AND, they were NOT petite. Had to go to the tailor to have them cut.
I guess my sister has good shopping luck because she works so hard at it. Daily walks to MOA across wide roads isn't exactly easy. And she always makes time to look around even if she's only passing through a mall to get to a train station (P250 bags from Metropoint Taft, anyone?). I personally calculate my exposure to temptation. She's also probably being rewarded for the healthy amount she spends weekly. They're like indulgences in the church. The church of shopping.
A while ago, while my sister was calling up mango, I was actually praying to the gods that her jean size not turn up in any branch today, but clearly they don't listen to me. Fine. Anoint your chosen one.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment