I always have blips in my thought process. It's hard because I don't realize I'm not making any sense any more. For example, at work, I can think of a relationship between higher prices and better product quality, but I usually skip the 100 words it takes to convey this to the reader just because it takes me 5 seconds to process the concept. It's not quite commensurate to think of the right 100 words to express something that was such a snap to understand. That's just not fair.
How can I approach what I write as a clean-slate reader would? How do I read my own words as if I don't have prior knowledge of a topic, if I spend more than three days studying it? Sometimes, I'm not even done with a sentence, I already remember what I wanted to say in it and end up moving to the next one.
These blips, they're the reason Karl told me I interrupt at the worst times with the most inane stories (possibly one of the biggest insults of my life). I have the same impression of my mum sometimes, you know. To me, she doesn't make sense because she doesn't listen. But maybe I just inherited all the blips in her head too.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment