Hula-hooping! Quite odd to learn it at 24, but hey, I hear it's good for the waistline. Not one month ago, I usually drop the hoop after about five revolutions, but yesterday I got near to 100 before I gave up from lack of breath. I hope this newfound mastery is not a fluke.
Anyway, I find that my relationship with exercise MAY be transforming. I have bad emotional associations with deliberate physical activity for weight loss that the endorphins released that are supposed to make me happy after a workout seem to be negated. But now I am starting to become proud when I hit records (like more than 100 consecutive jumps on a jump rope in about two minutes). To think that what prompted me to work out again is another emotionally laden motive.
What may be different though is a change in the atmosphere at home, where I used to be the only one who needed to exercise for a decent figure. But now, both my svelte sisters need some maintenance work. One is even a gym rat-cum-yoga practitioner, and has learned how to motivate others without insult.
Friday, May 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hay nako, i still don't know how to hula hoop! basta circular or round object talaga wala akong kwenta >:(
Post a Comment