which doesn't mean it was work free, however. but yesterday was, so i'm glad. the highlight of it being: wally gonzalez remembers me! he knows me by name!!!
the explanation of which being: karl brought me to hard rock cafe after work last sunday to watch wally play with his band. after 2 sets, we decided to leave, and he introduced me to wally as "tanya of galazy records". he said "uy, we talked on the phone once"... and i'm thinking "I WAS ABOUT TO SAY!!!" (i phone him last year to ask him how much to book him for the putumayo launch) but of course kept it cool with "yes, i remember, for putumayo. sayang po hindi natuloy. thank you, i had a wonderful time tonight." and i really did. at one point, his vocalist kat even played with me. i was staring dreamily at her while she was singing "landslide" and she decided to make eye contact with me. i wanted to, uh, lose it, thinking she'd eventually look away, but no.. so i just had to smile sheepishly and she smiled at me too. hmph. vocalist power-tripping. ;)
yesterday was nice because it really was my day off. i watched a series of unfortunate events and 3 other dvd's of southpark. can you say braindead?!?! karl dropped by after 6 and we watched from hell before he left and i slept.. slacker!!!
however, anne's not about to let me slack off on my being pensive. so, the fruits of my labor. the big declaration of: I AM NOT AFRAID to look for options (thanks also to karl, my bosses leo & mike, and the poochers) in order to leave, and seing that the search may last till year-end, i fought for the day off to make things livable until i make the big change.
anne's subsequent advice: once you know where/when to go, BOLT!
anyway, here are my considerations:
a) a freelance sylist/designer entrepreneur. hardest. seems most rewarding. remains to be seen after start of fashion design lessons
b) an indie label like candid or terno. reservations about terno because of toti dalmacion as a boss.. not a very good prospect
c) a multinational label like EMI, Sony-BMG, MCA Universal & Warner Music.
*if i'm staying in the recording industry i would like to limit myself to print/events for marketing, or shift to label or a&r.
i'm soliciting comments.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're taking fashion design lessons? I WANT DIN!
I digress. Back to your choices, of course I'd opt for the first but I'm also giving you the most difficult to get started with. Pero ikaw pa, kayang kaya mo yan. :) Why don't you start now during your free time? Or diba your boyfriend works for I of Manila Bulletin? Kahit contribute lang when you can so you get to see what you could possibly get into in the future :)
I can't honestly give any comments on the other two choices cos... I'm dumb like that. :) Hehe.
Post a Comment