Monday, January 02, 2006

manifesto for the average juan

i just read an "about myself" section in a friendster profile. i found it very stuck-up. to quote:

"I am serious, disciplined, and quietly ambitious. Driven to prove my self worth and to achieve material accomplishments and success. My work, my position in the world, and my contributions to society are of utmost importance. I persevere through enormous hardships and frustrations in order to reach the goals that I have set for myself although I think I have a tendency to sacrifice much in the area of personal relationships and home life in order to do so.

I am a progressive thinker, open and receptive to new technologies and breakthroughs in science, and the latest discoveries in any field. I have high expectations and a deep belief that mankind's problems can be solved through the use of creative intelligence and inventive mind. I have no patience for those whose conservative, unimaginative outlook limits their capacity to find solutions and envision a better future. I also like to keep myself abreast of current developments in world affairs, for I instinctively know that what happens in one part of the world affects everyone. I have a strong humanitarian impulse. I believe I have an aptitude for organization because I enjoy being involved in cooperative endeavors or businesses that are contemporary and innovative."

ok, quoting that took some amount of courage from me. i even had to consult with may, even if i knew that she would reply "yes, post it!" but this is very risky business. the world is small and i am toying with a networking tool. and clearly the person intends to be in a position of considerable power in the future, and may eventually hold my measly life in her hands, hopefully not as a plaything.

what a weird manifesto. it's sounds like a capitalist neo-nazi. it sounds like hitler.

so, to spite the writer, let me just say that i hate giving 110% (except maybe for some projects that stir an unexplainable emotional attachment). and after scraping for money for some leisure, my most presssing concerns are taking a vacation with my boyfriend and shopping with my sister at the upcoming zara sale.

there, i said it.

P.S. Should any of my poocher friends or holy girls correctly guess the writer of above-quoted manifesto in a private e-mail, i owe him/her a coffee. Just for our personal enjoyment. :)

2 comments:

neko_may said...

i don't even want to hazard a guess. nazi? more like a professional job interview bullshitter.

Anonymous said...

taaaaanyaaaaaaa! i know who wrote that! wahahahaha! and i don't exactly like her. wihihii