Wednesday, February 14, 2007

All-consuming

Since the start of the weekend, I've been consumed with thoughts of dressmaking. Our director assigned us to create a white baby doll dress for Manila Bulletin's I Section and we all jumped at the opportunity to have our first portfolio piece.

That very weekend I made my sketch. The following Saturday, I started my pattern. After working on it further, I hit a roadblock and now I'm ditching work in order to have it checked before school closes.

With all the time on hand, I wanted to drop by the sewer and start the production process, except that she's located right by Xavier School. Not a good idea at about 3 to 5 PM (exactly when I'm free). So here I am, plotting my time, finding a way to maximize it till my February 26 deadline (and hindrances like closing times and weekenders). I've been bothering many people, trying to gauge whether to work with a classmate or go on my own time, telling Aries and Naty on again and off again when I'll actually be able to visit. I'm really surprised how hard this is with a full-time day job.

After talking to Karl about it, he said, "That's the way it really is. Art isn't convenient. Daily life ALWAYS gets in the way. "

So. Ganito pala yun. Huh.

No comments: