but no, apparently i'm not.
Just when I made a move that I was praying would not bear fruit because it'd mess up my whole life, it actually happened. For a while my parents even entertained the notion that it was an act of God.
Of course, how do you explain getting a job offer abroad in three days, with competitive compensation, a free one-way ticket and room & board for five years? Without even speaking to the employer. It HAD to be God.
Or, it could mean that after hours clicking away on our browser, you find out that the company isn't the official UK arm of P. Diddy's luxury urban apparel brand, but an online retailer of similar labels. More research, and I find that Companies House, the equivalent of SEC in the UK, intends to "strike it off the list." READ: "Hey guys, I have reason to believe you are not operating or trading anymore, so if in three months no one complains, I'm going to dissolve you. kaput." This only three days after publication in London. I probably found out earlier than the employer.
If there is an act of God, it'd probably be the fact that UK government websites have every bit of information you need, and that they actually upload ALL the entries in the country's official gazette (wedding banns included) onto the Web and provide free access to it.
The truth is, I feel like I was looking for an excuse not to go, not to leave Karl, my family and friends. Binky told me that I should be selfish and take the opportunity to earn a shitload of money and travel. To me, the selfish option was to stay here, in my comfort zone. Goddamn it, it was a Frodo moment! In the end though, I chose the Shire. You have to admit though, it's for a pretty fucking good reason.
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment