Hello my dearest Karl. Welcome to the final frontier: my blog.
To all the other readers, it may come as a surprise to you that this piece of real estate in cyberspace used to be off-limits to my beloved. I don't know how many months he resisted the urge to get back at me for googling him (or yahoo-ing, more precisely) when we had just met. Some of you may even recall me giddily telling you my discoveries. Oooh, he's a poet, he's a fellow, he used to live in Palawan, he likes pink. Apparently, the last one was a joke. I figured that out on our second date, when he said he hated my "garish" pink shoes. I put them up in this month's garage sale.
So, to mark our first year anniversary on Saturday, November 26, we are swapping URL's to our most guarded virtual homes.
A map for you, my sweetheart: there's nothing here you probably haven't heard already, starting from my november/december 2004 entries, but there are 3 months' worth of amusing ramblings from your flippant, melodramatic little girl. Please also resist playing grammar police (a game you, my holy girls & i always enjoy) as this area is strewn with numerous errors - inconsistent tenses being the most common.
To everyone else: Reev always told me that relationships after schooling are very different. The difference for me is that it is with Karl only that I ever really felt the challenge of being a girlfriend. I am reminded periodically that there is still a better way to love someone who loves me with an almost tangible passion. After crossing his final frontier, there is only one other person I know whose history gives me a sense of his capacity for love: Rica. I hope all those who know her feel how lucky I think I am with my man.
Thursday, November 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment