Tuesday, September 11, 2007

in-house brands!

As a briefer for those who aren't my coworkers, let me tell you that those China, Taiwan and Hong Kong factories that churn out goods for successful labels actually try to develop their own brands. They're those products with names and taglines in incoherent English.


Surprisingly enough, I have found two personal possessions that carry the in-house brand of a China and a Taiwan factory. Both of them were purchased before learning about the particular company.

One of them is a tin Beni Bear CD filecase by Winbo Industrial Co. Ltd of China. The other is two pairs of panties from Audrey, from Easy Shop Corp. of Taiwan.

That tin can had been in our house since I was in college. I bought the panties in Hong Kong last year while on vacation with my mum and sisters. The manufacturer is featured in a report I edited just two weeks ago. Amazing.

There's also a prominent Chinese brand of sports shoes called Anta. It's from Fujian province and cite it as we harp on about burgeoning design capability in Jinjiang. They're actually providing the shoes for China's Olympic athletes. Oh, and they have a boutique (yes, an actual freestanding store) in *shock* TriNoma.

I guess it's kinda true that the whole China-recall thing is starting to become a new form of trade protectionism. But hey, there are still many good things that come out of those stupid Cheks. (no offense to any of my chinoy friends)

No comments: